What Data We Collect
During our typical activities, business or original content creation we may acquire individual information about our clients, staff, creators, collaborators, performers, and suppliers. This could include:
- Contact details, like your name, email, phone number and address;
- Organisation details, like your organisation name and work address;
- Payment details, like BACS details; This information is given to us voluntarily by clients, staff, creators, collaborators, performers, and suppliers as part of their correspondence with us about work that we are carrying out, are due to be carrying out, or prospectively looking at carrying out.
How We Process Your Data
- Internal record keeping;
- To help you with your enquiry;
- Improve your browsing experience and troubleshoot problems;
- To enable us to provide you with goods or services we offer;
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business where you have specifically consented to receive these.
You can withdraw your consent for marketing communications from us at any time. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may also from time to time send emails to existing and previous clients, staff, creators, collaborators, performers, and suppliers with important, relevant information about activities at Intriguing LTD, such as changes to our policies and procedures.
How We Retain Your Data
We store this type of information locally, and/or online services powered by G Suite (email, calendar and cloud storage) and Wave Accounting. You can read their respective privacy policies below.
- Google Cloud G Suite: https://support.google.com/googlecloud/answer/6056650
- Intuit Quickbooks: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/privacy-policy
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
DATA FROM OUR PROJECTS
What Data We Collect
During our production activities, like video production or photography we will typically collect the following types of personally identifiable information:
- The physical image of an individual;
- Occasionally, the name of the individual;
- Where the individual was;
- When the individual was there;
- Often, why the individual was there;
- Often, information about organisations and persons the individual may be associated with;
This information is collected when an individual appears in front of one of our cameras.
We take great care to ensure that the videos and images we produce do not jeopardise the rights or privacy of individuals who appear within them.
Our Terms of Service for our client services require that our clients have obtained consent from all individuals who appear in the videos and images that we produce. All of our clients receive the opportunity to provide feedback on any videos and images before we provide them with the final output, enabling them to also check that consent has been acquired for all identifiable individuals before the videos and images are published.
We do not publish any videos or images that our clients have not signed off and approved. We only use videos and images which have already been shared publicly by our customers in our promotions for Intriguing LTD, such as in our showreel or on our portfolio. If we have captured images of individuals who have not provided consent, or their consent does not cover the intended use of the footage or images we’ve captured, we will not use them and, if instructed to do so by our client, they will be permanently deleted from our systems.
When we create our own original content (short films etc) at Intriguing LTD, we require that all performers to agree and sign a release form to obtain consent to capture, store and use their image and/or voice for the project as well as related marketing activities for the project.
How We Process Your Data
We take the videos and images we capture and edit them to meet the needs of the project. We may use some of the videos and images in our own promotions for Intriguing LTD.
During the production process each project is given a unique ID number and title to help us identify it. A folder is created on our in-house production server for each project. The videos and images captured by our cameras are added to this folder and we use commercial video and photo editing software to edit them. Once the project is completed we archive it as-is for future reference should a customer request copies of their videos and images, or would like to make modifications to the content we’ve produced for them. We do not apply any further processing to the data we have in our archives.
How We Retain Your Data
We are commissioned by other parties, such as commercial businesses and organisations, to produce videos and images for them to use for their own commercial purposes. Therefore, particularly when we are paid to do this, the resulting videos and images belong to our customers, even if we retain a copy on our systems. Unless instructed directly to remove the data from our systems by the customer, we may choose to retain the videos and images indefinitely. If you wish to have this data removed, you must contact the relevant customer who can then instruct us to remove it from our systems on your behalf. If you do not know how to contact the customer, you may send your request to us, and should we find it to be legitimate, we will forward it to the customer on your behalf for them to review and then instruct us accordingly.
Likewise, if you wish to withdraw consent from your appearance in videos or images produced by Intriguing LTD, you must contact the customer of those videos or images for them to instruct us to remove your data.
Videos and images produced by Intriguing LTD for internal or promotional purposes will usually be found with Intriguing LTD branding included (such as a logo at the end of the video) or on a Intriguing LTD property, such as our website or social media profile. If you would like to withdraw consent for us to use videos and images in this way, please contact us with information about where the videos and images appear. We will review your request. If there is no legitimate interest in retaining the data, it will be removed and destroyed.
When we create our own original content (short films etc) at Intriguing LTD, we require that all performers to agree and sign a release form to obtain consent to capture, store and use their image and/or voice for the project as well as related marketing activities for the project for an indefinite amount of time.
Note to clients: As editing or modifying existing videos and images is a labour intensive process, we are only able to facilitate deleting entire projects from our systems without incurring cost.
DATA FROM OUR WEBSITE
What Data We Collect
Like many website operators, we collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as:
- IP address;
- Geographical location;
- Browser type;
- Referral source;
- Length of visit;
- Number of page views.
We use this information for the security of our website; the administration of our website; and to improve our website’s usability. We may also use this information for marketing purposes.
Our website places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your internet browser and later retrieve. A cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookie.
These cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high-quality website experience. You can choose to block these cookies; however, you must be aware that doing so may mean that parts of our website will not work correctly.
The cookies we use are as follows:
- Necessary Cookies
These cookies are vital to make our website work properly.
- Non-Necessary Cookies Consent
When visiting our website for the first time (and periodically thereafter), we ask you to consent to non-necessary cookies for analytics and personalised content. This consent is stored as a cookie in your internet browser.
- Google Analytics
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Embedded Content
We may embed content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. Please check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
By using and browsing our website you consent to these cookies.
We provide contact forms on several of our website’s pages to allow visitors of our website to submit information to us. The information collected by these forms is used exclusively for the purposes outlined within the form. We do not share this information with third parties without obtaining explicit consent from the individual submitting the information and, unless explicitly stated, we do not use these details for marketing or advertising purposes.
The information submitted in these forms is sent direct to our team via email, where the data remains under control of Intriguing LTD. The contents of form submissions are not stored on our website servers.
Beyond information requested directly within the forms, we may collect the IP address of the person submitting the form. The IP address may be logged against the form submission. This is used to filter out known spam submissions and we do not process it in any other way.
Third Party Links
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and cookie policies of third party websites.
We do our utmost to protect your privacy, in order to avoid unauthorised loss, access, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- The right to access personal data held by us about you;
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- The right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where, for example, we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data;
- The right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where, for example, you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but we require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims;
- The right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- The right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data;
- The right to ask us not to use information about you in a way that allows computers to make decisions about you and ask us to stop;
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting and providing sufficient information for us to identify you and your personal data.
We will always aim to help you when you wish to exercise your rights but, in some instances, we may have lawful grounds to reject your request depending on the legal reason why we collected your personal data. You will, though, always have the right to be informed about the information we collect about you.
We will investigate any request you make without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, considering the complexity and number of requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
In the event that we decide to not act on your request, we will inform you of the reasons for not taking action.